I am a professional genealogist specializing in Northwest Pennsylvania (Erie, Crawford, Venango, Jefferson, Indiana, Mercer, and Warren counties) and Western New York (Chautauqua and Cattaraugus counties). In addition to client research, I volunteer at the Erie County Historical Society Library & Archives as an archival processor, I sit on the board of the Erie Society for Genealogical Research, and I am author of the Erie-Times News history blog at GoErie.com.
- College of the Holy Cross, BA Economics/Accounting
- Boston University Genealogical Research Certificate holder
- Univ. of Toronto, NIGS, numerous American Records courses
- 2013 GRIP Genealogy Research Institute of Pittsburgh “Advanced Land Records”
- 2014 GRIP Judy Russell’s “Law School for Genealogists”
- 2015 GRIP Thomas W. Jones’ “Advanced Methodology”
- 2015 Council for the Advancement of Forensic Genealogy’s “Master Practicum”
- ProGen13 Study Group
- GenProof Study Group
I am the editor of the Erie Society for Genealogical Research’s quarterly bulletin, and author of the blog Mahoganybox.net.